PAGES

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"The X Factor's Family Secret"

The X Factor' hopeful Rebecca Ferguson kept her audition a secret from her entire family. The 24-year-old brunette - who had failed to get through to the boot camp stage of the ITV1 show in the past - admitted she thought her chance was over and so avoided telling her loved ones she was auditioning so not to get their hopes up. She explained: "My family have been behind me all the way. They have so much faith in me. I really struggled after not getting through to 'The X Factor' in the past. But my family all saved up and chipped in for me to fly to New York for five days to audition for P Diddy's 'Star Maker'. It cost about £1,500 in total, which to me and my family is a huge amount of money. Unfortunately, I didn't get through that audition either. "I really thought my chance was over, so when I auditioned for 'The X Factor' this year I didn't want to tell anyone because I didn't want them to think, 'Oh, here she goes again'." The pretty brunette - who wowed judges Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger with a rendition of Sam Cooke's 'A Change Is Gonna Come' on last night's (18.09.10) show - explained singing was her only solstice when she was bullied as a child. She added to the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper: "I used to walk home from school crying because of all of the bullying. But through everything singing was my only escape. Looking back I think kids avoided me because I wasn't the same as them because I was mixed race. "But now I finally feel on top again. I feel like I have got back the confidence to follow my dream."

Copyright (C) bangshowbiz.com 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment