PAGES

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rebecca Liverpool Law Student

Rebecca Ferguson Single mum of two from Anfield got three 'yes' votes from the panel with her emotional rendition of the Sam Cooke song 'A Change Is Gonna Come'. X Factor judge Simon Cowell told her: "Potentially, you have an incredible voice. Your voice is absolutely on the money right now. And I like you.”
He also warned the shy 24-year-old that she needed to overcome “a confidence issue” after she struggled to make eye contact with the judges or the live audience in Manchester.
Rebecca revealed that she suffered at the hands of bullies in her school days, and she feared her singing dreams were shattered when she first fell pregnant as a teenager.
“I was bullied as a kid because my family were poor and I never had the right clothes or toys,” she said. “I used to walk home from school crying because of all the bullying. But through everything singing was
my only escape.”
Mum to five-year-old Lily May and four-year-old Karl, Rebecca admits she was once a “cocky” kid who thought she was “the bee’s knees” and it was only when she became pregnant with Lily that she worried
her singing career was at an end.
She added, before breaking down in tears: “When I fell pregnant everyone just said 'your life’s over, you’re never going to become anything'. I started to think, ‘Well, maybe I won’t be able to become a singer’. I lost my confidence a lot, to be honest.”
Rebecca said she had only ever dreamed of being a singer, but had decided to study law at college to educate herself as a back-up plan. “I thought I need to have something steady and stable for the kids,”
she explained.
Cowell and fellow judges, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger, were charmed by her singing, despite a nervous audition. Guest judge and Pussycat Doll singer, Nicole, said: "Rebecca, your voice really moves me and I love to listen to you."
Her fan base is already growing, with a Facebook page packed with comments about how well she performed. One supporter, Claire Louise, shared the sentiments of many when she wrote: “Love her voice and she is making Liverpool really proud. You go girl, win the show... you’re already a star now.”
Even top celebrity blogger Perez Hilton featured Rebecca on his site: “She is very sweet and there is an innocence to her which is very endearing. She instantly reminded us of Leona Lewis.”
Rebecca is now up against the rest of the hopefuls from across the UK and beyond who passed the live audition stage. All of the singers are vying to become the 2010 X Factor winner, earning a lucrative recording contract, and a shot at having the Christmas number one.
Original Article Posted by:@jmu-journalism.org.ukClick here to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment