PAGES

Monday, October 4, 2010

"Liverpool Echo.Co.UK"



X FACTOR mum Rebecca Ferguson said she was “overwhelmed” after making it through to the finals of the TV talent show. The 24-year-old, from Anfield, has battled with self-esteem issues all the way through the competition – but last night viewers saw judge Cheryl Cole tell her: “I believe you’ve got something.”
The mum-of-two nodded and sobbed as the singer said: “It feels like there’s no confidence there, there’s no eye contact, no belief. It’s a major issue.”
But in an emotional exchange, the Girls Aloud star, who is mentoring the girls category this year, said she thought she could bring out the best in Rebecca.
Her potential was spotted at her first audition by groups mentor Simon Cowell, who said: “That is a recording voice.”
Rebecca, who is mum to Lillie May, five, and Karl, four, said: “I remember every year I’d watch the X Factor and you see the whingey ones and the funny ones come on. You take it lightly but it’s life-changing stuff.
“I’ve always watched and wondered why people were so emotional but now I’m here and seeing how big an opportunity you’re being given, how can you not get emotional?”
Rebecca, who studied to be a legal secretary at Bootle’s Hugh Baird college, put her dreams of being a pop star aside when her children were born.
She said she wanted to make them proud and appearing on the X Factor was helped her overcome her lifelong lack of confidence.
She said: “I’m going to find it a little bit hard to be away from the kids but I’m just focusing on the competition as I know that it’s for them. I’m not going to let it get me down as I know I’m going to see them.”

Original Article Posted by: Liverpool Echo Co.UK

No comments:

Post a Comment